FAQs for 10DLCs
What is 10DLC?
10DLC = 10-Digit Long Code
10DLC allows for A2P (Application to Person) traffic to go through US long code numbers via an MNO (Mobile Network Operator)
What are the advantages of 10DLCs?
Visibility into “Who” and “What” for each campaign
Better quality of service
Controlled messaging ecosystem
Why are these changes taking place?
US carriers are introducing 10DLC as a dedicated solution for businesses to send SMS and MMS messages using long codes. The goal is to protect consumers from spam by creating a controlled messaging ecosystem and giving visibility into "Who" and "What" for each campaign. It will also allow for higher messaging volume with better quality of service and more affordability than traditional traffic.
What other information should I know?
• Concatenated (long) messages supported
• Major networks – Verizon (February 2020), AT&T (February 2021), T-Mobile and Sprint
• Voice Support
• Two-way SMS coverage available
• Handset delivery supported – TBD
Who are the participating operators?
• Verizon Wireless
How much does it cost?
• PTF will be charged for each carrier. Exception is AT&T where exact PTF is not determined and it will depend on score (Brand Vetting under Campaign Registry). A $0.0025 PTF will be applied to every Verizon message TeleSign sends.
• Brand registration one-time fee – mandatory
• Monthly campaign fees – 3-month lease required – mandatory
• Brand vetting Fees – One-off and optional fees
• Provisioning time: 1-3 business days
How many messages can I send? And what types of traffic are supported?
Throughput limitations will vary and will be assigned when 10DLC is registered in the Campaign Registry Portal (based on brand reputation, use case, and message class).
Is there content I need to be sure does not get sent?
Yes, any content related to Phishing, Fraud or Scam, Deceptive Marketing, High-Risk Financial Services, and Illegal Substances or Activities is forbidden.
Can I choose the prefix, and can I request a number of my choice?
Yes. Subject to availability.
Can I register an existing US Long Code as 10DLC?
Yes, once 10DLCs launch on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint, messages from regular LCs will no longer be allowed. TeleSign will work with customers to register existing LCs as 10DLCs.
What information do I need to apply for a 10DLC?
The details about a brand and campaign are needed for all customers requesting 10DLC registration in the United States. Fill out the form at the button at the top of the page.
Are there other options?
What if I don't fill out the form?
Customers must register for 10DLC by completing the registration form, or choose an alternative option, e.g., Toll-free Number (click for more info or to register). If a dedicated solution has not been established, your A2P traffic will be blocked.
Will this affect my traffic?
If you currently use P2P Long Codes they will be blocked for A2P traffic as of February 1st, meaning you cannot send SMS if you do not switch to an alternative, e.g., 10DLC or Toll Free Number.